From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] documenting using LVM during the install.
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 19:19:02
1 I'm currently writing some documentation with regards to installing
2 Gentoo using LVM, and I wondered if people would like me to produce
3 it as an additional document or as a part of build.xml. the steps
4 that would be touched are partitions (like mentioning 8e as the
5 type) and the lvm-commands themselves. also the copying of
6 /etc/lvmtab to /mnt/gentoo/etc/lvmtab, which I forgot last time, and
7 which _really_ cost me a lot of grief.
8
9 I am _not_ going to go into having / (or /boot) on a PV (ie, they
10 will be normal partitions). I honestly never saw the big point, and
11 it is too much hassle when it breaks. besides, I don't want to
12 document initrd with friends, especially as I don't use them myself.
15 Terje