From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: bootstrapping since gcc 3.4 is stable
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 14:58:54
1 On Friday 27 January 2006 16:32, MIkey wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > Would you mind sharing the useflags you mean, and which packages you want
4 > > to build? It might be bugs in the packages involved.
5 >
6 > My standard USE flags for building a lamp server. No X, no cruft.
7 >
8 > USE="-X -alsa -apm -arts -avi -cups -doc -eds -emboss -gnome -gpm
9 > -gstreamer -gtk -gtk2 -imlib -info -ipv6 -kde -mad -man -mikmod -motif -mp3
10 > -mpeg -nls -ogg -oggvorbis -opengl -oss -pam -qt -quicktime -sdl -vorbis
11 > -xmms -xv apache2 mysql nptl nptlonly php userlocales"
12
13 Using this flags on a freshly compiled stage3 (from a stage1, just running
14 emerge system without setting useflags) I get no blockers at all, when
15 setting the useflags at the point that system has been recompiled.
16
17 Depclean does suggest removing a number of packages though. Some of which can
18 be dangerous to remove (like pam).
19
20 I'm sorry, but I can't replicate the problem with regard to merging php for
21 these useflags on a fresh stage3.
22
23 Paul
26 Paul de Vrieze