From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] wxGTK {up|down}grade loop
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 06:12:48
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 >>I'm not very good with Python, but I'm interested in helping to design a better dependency
3 >>checker. Could you give me a summary of the way the checker currently works or point me to
4 >>a document that describes it? Or should I just learn Python?
5 >
6 > Your best bet is to wade through the code, of course. Fortunately,
7 > python is fairly readable. You can get an idea of how portage is
8 > structured from my gentoo page at http://emu.gentoo.org/~g2boojum/.
9
10 What I'll probably end up trying to do is implementing the current dependency checker in
11 Perl and then going from there.
14 Andrew Gaffney
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list