From: Aaron Mavrinac <mavrinac@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keyword request interface (SoC candidate?)
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:27:15
1 On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > Rémi Cardona wrote:
3 > >
4 > > +1 on that idea, using bugzilla with an external tool for keyword
5 > > requests is a good idea.
6 > >
7 > > The tool could do bugzilla research to see if the keyword has already
8 > > been requested and point the user to the corresponding bug report,
9 > > hopefully limiting the number of dupes.
10
11 Definite ++ here..
12
13 > It would still be nice to have better status tracking in bugzilla - some
14 > way for ATs to officially mark that stuff is tested in a way that can be
15 > easily queried (so that ATs can find stuff that isn't tested, and devs
16 > can find stuff that has been). The issue about hard-to-test packages is
17 > really a separate one, but one that could use a solution...
18
19 This would certainly help coordinate AT efforts. Couldn't this also be
20 done by searching through bugzilla? Maybe with an "official" keyword,
21 or some sort of flag we don't otherwise use? (I'm not intensely
22 familiar with bugzilla internals.) Keeping it all in bugzilla seems
23 best, if possible.
24
25 An additional suggestion: what about some way for ATs to indicate that
26 they are currently testing a package? Testing can take a while, and
27 occasionally I've tested packages only to find that someone else had
28 already taken care of it. Coordinating that on bugzilla or the mailing
29 list as is would be cumbersome, and IRC is hit or miss. Not sure how
30 this could be implemented, but that's what a SoCer is for (hey, maybe
31 me, I'm planning to apply!).
34 Aaron Mavrinac
35 www.mavrinac.com
36