From: Alessandro DE LAURENZIS <just22.adl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] vim and gvim package split
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 22:04:50
1 I guess this is an already debated topic, but I only found this very
2 old thread on the subject:
3
4 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/4328
5
6 which contains the original communication of the ebuild split and some
7 discussions and observations that probably are no more applicable.
8
9 I'm absolutely convinced that one of the gentoo strengths is the USE
10 variable handling compile time options, so I do not see any points to
11 split packages when not absolutely needed.
12
13 In case of vim-core/vim/gvim (and vim-qt?), I cannot understand
14 the reason... Are still there advantages in doing so?
15
16 Thanks for your time
19 Alessandro DE LAURENZIS
20 [mailto:just22.adl@×××××.com]