From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Doing and then undoing slotmoves
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 12:13:55
1 On 12/18/13, 10:19 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Wed, 18 Dec 2013, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
3 >
4 >> I have never seen something like that and this generated an
5 >> interesting bug in entropy (well, I fixed it...). What I am asking
6 >> is quite simple though. Is this allowed?
7 >
8 > The PMS does not allow it:
9 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/5/pms.html#x1-390004.4.4
10
11 I think it goes even further:
12
13 "Any name that has appeared as the origin of a move must not be reused
14 in the future. Any slot that has appeared as the origin of a slot move
15 may not be used by packages matching the spec of that slot move in the
16 future."
17
18 To me this means moving the packages in question back to slot 2 is never
19 allowed, because they were once removed from it.
20
21 Does this interpretation sound correct? What is the rationale for PMS logic?
22
23 Finally, do we have a good way now to automate checks against this?
24
25 Paweł