From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>, "pr@g.o" <pr@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: News item: Apache "-D PHP5" needs update to "-D PHP"
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 14:51:44
1 On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 9:20 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > And while at it, in additional to news item, this should likely follow
4 > a few version upgrades as elog messages before actually being
5 > implemented anywhere
8 I don't want to be too prescriptive with the solutions. However,
9 clearly /some/ kind of orderly transition is necessary. News before,
10 an elog, etc. And that news needs to be timely - not 12 months before
11 stable mysteriously breaks one day, unless it is safe to make the
12 change before the update. I'd leave it up to the maintainer to decide
13 whether it is more work to coordinate the timing around all the
14 communications or to have a more graceful transition so that the
15 timing isn't as critical.
18 Rich