From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP #10 -- Proposal for restructuring the CVS regarding documentation wrt internationalization proposal
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:57:21
1 On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 03:41:27PM +0200 or thereabouts, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > They use the same documentation, don't they? If the page with the English
3 > communities mentions the location of each community, then this issue is
4 > solved. I don't see a reason of having seperate ${COUNTRY}.gentoo.org
5 > domains just because their communities are located elsewhere...
6
7 Yes, and for your solution that would work fine. However, other folks
8 (FRLinux, for one) have asked for the ability to have more control over
9 their community pages and post individual content, news items, etc. I
10 view this as a separate issue that internationalizing the web site and one
11 that should have a separate solution.
12
13 That's where ${COUNTRY}.gentoo.org comes in.
14
15 I'm not personally advocating this solution -- merely saying that I'd
16 support it, infrastructure-wise if enough people want it.
17
18 --kurt