From: "Greer
To: "'gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org'" <gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Re: Problems with initial gentoo rc5 binary inst all - GRUB
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:38:36
1 The symlink was something I tried "once". I installed twice, and I
2 /did/ have a /mnt/gentoo/boot/boot/grub directory, and both times grub
3 would not install. With the same error each time.
4
5 The fact that the error was trying /boot/grub/stage1 and not
6 /boot/boot/grub/stage1 was the only reason I tried the symlink.
7
8 Everything you state, is what I did, with /mnt/gentoo/boot being the
9 mount, etc. So, am not sure why grub did not like it.
10
11 -----Original Message-----
12 From: Daniel Robbins [mailto:drobbins@g.o]
13 Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 12:26 PM
14 To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
15 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Problems with initial gentoo rc5 binary
16 inst all - GRUB