From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] boot partition size recommendation
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 10:52:48
1 On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 12:40:02PM -0400, Justus Pendleton wrote:
2 > I'm in the process of downloading and installing gentoo and as I was
3 > looking over the install directions I noticed that the recommendation
4 > is for the boot partition to be ~100 megabytes. I'm wondering why so
5 > large? On one of my linux boxes the boot partition is 4 MB and I'm
6 > only using 36% of it. I know discs are cheap but 100 MB seems like a
7 > lot of overkill and wasted space.
8 >
9 > Justus
10
11 It depends on how many initrds and old kernels you like to keep around.
12 Adjust as you see fit.
13
14 Best Regards,
17 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>