From: Gert Dewit <gert@××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] kernel PCMCIA
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:37:29
1 I've posted following message on the gentoo-install forum, but I'd like to
2 know from you guys why gentoo is using the non-kernel PCMCIA stuff from
3 pcmcia-cs in the install initrd.
4
5 > I've tried to install gentoo on my laptop with a PCMCIA network card that's
6 > only supported by the kernel drivers and not by the pcmcia-cs drivers.
7
8 > Several new PCMCIA cards work by using the PCI hotplug interface so I guess
9 > other people will run in the same problems as I did.
10
11 > To get gentoo installed anyway I created a new iso file with kernel
12 > (2.4.19)> PCMCIA support, all possible modules (network and others) and pcmcia-cs
13 > compiled against it.
14
15 > BTW: I've added a minimal vim version also, can't live without vi :-)
16
17 > If somebody is interested I'll put the iso file up for download.
18
19 Groeten,
20
21 Gert