From: Faust Tanasescu <faust_tanasescu@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] installation suggestion
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 21:08:01
1 Hello
2
3 Somebody in #gentoo gave me this idea so I thought it might be cool if I
4 passed it around.
5
6 Bootstrapping a gentoo stage1 system is a lenghty process. Plus, the stage1
7 disk is 16MB in size, there's lotsa space to fill up with useful stuff like
8 ... games!
9
10 Face it, gentoo users have __powerful__ computers. And even those who don't,
11 still they can use a web-browser or IRC client __during__
12 bootstrapping/whatever untill they have a fully wroking system.
13
14 I am for including a minimal X server with links in graphical mode, or hell
15 even galeon, bitchx as IRC software for asking setup-repated questions to
16 #gentoo or even better, Read the holy Docs on www.gentoo.org ...
17
18 What's more to it is games. It's a boring process, wayting. People could
19 fire up nethack or some solitaire... There's lots of good games for linux
20 out there and most of em run no problems on almost any machine.
23 HOnestly, I see no flaws in the component I want to add to stage1 tarball.
24
25 Anyway, I'll be in #gentoo ;)
26
27 oh, almost forgot. I will have a bot connected to #gentoo, similar to
28 #debian's apt. I hope this is alright with channel moderators, I won't have
29 problems for having an initiative...
32 Thanks!
33 davoid
34
36 MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos:
37 http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx