From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder: ALLARCHES
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 17:46:44
1 On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
3 >> Mike Gilbert wrote:
4 >>> "doing your job"
5 >>
6 >> Remember that everyone is a volunteer.
7 >
8 > I am referring to arch testing as a job, because it only really works
9 > if people treat it that way. If stabilization does not take place in a
10 > timely manner, the system falls apart, and you end up with frustrated
11 > maintainers.
12 >
13 > If there aren't people who are putting in that time commitment, the
14 > arch should not be called "stable".
15
16 I think it should be plainly obvious at this point why the bug tracker
17 is full of unresolved stable requests.