From: "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Hello
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:58:27
1 chip33az@××××××××.net wrote:
2 > I don't know if you are the right person, or if there are FAQs
3 > somewhere, but I seem to be stuck with my PCMCIA controller.
4 >
5 > I was able to get to stage 3 using the CD, and then compiled the kernel
6 > without any problems and made sure to have PCMCIA support. However,
7 > when I got to code listing 34 (well, right before it), it states:
8 >
9 > If you have a PCMCIA card installed, have a quick look into
10 > /etc/init.d/pcmcia to verify that things seem all right for your setup,
11 > then add Code listing 34
12 >
13 > The /etc/init.d/pcmcia is blank, and I didn't know what to add to it.
14 > I have continued on, but have no networking support.
15 >
16 > Could you point me in the right direction to add networking support? I
17 > am looking forward to trying out this distribution.
18
19 The PCMCIA documentation is a little lacking (blame me). I posted a PCMCIA
20 howto a couple of weeks ago
21
22 http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/gentoo-user/2002-March/007488.html
23
24 Basically, you probably want to unconfigure pcmcia in your kernel, install
25 it, and then emerge pcmcia-cs.
26
27 You shouldn't need to bother with /etc/init.d/pcmcia; the configuration
28 settings are in /etc/conf.d/pcmcia.
31 Chad Huneycutt try { Windows }
32 Ph.D. Student catch ( Exception BSOD )
33 Georgia Tech College of Computing { linux };
34 http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~chadh