From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bootstrapping since gcc 3.4 is stable
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:24:18
1 On Wednesday 25 January 2006 07:30, Sven Köhler wrote:
2 > I'd like to see, that bootstrap.sh unmerges any old gcc
3 > (emerge -C \<${gcc package that we just compiled})
4
5 that's a bad idea imo
6
7 let the user decide which gcc they wish to have
8
9 > so that a clean system is built with gcc 3.4 only!
10
11 it wouldnt anyways as the version of gcc isnt changed unless the user does so
12
13 so unless you ran `gcc-config 3.4.4`, your gcc version would still be 3.3.x
14 -mike
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list