From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] The Gentoo Linux Dev-Wiki
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 22:36:43
1 Hi All,
2
3 If you visit http://www.gentoo.org, you'll see that we now have a dev-wiki
4 (coded by Thread; much thanks :). The dev-wiki is a collaborative dev
5 environment where Gentoo Linux developers can post bug reports, list tasks that
6 need to get done, and complete tasks that other people have posted. It's going
7 to be the organizing hub of all Gentoo Linux development projects.
8
9 If you are a CVS committer, you can contact me or achim; we can both create
10 wiki accounts for you. Thread can too, but he'll be out of town for a few
11 days.
12
13 Here is the purpose of the dev-wiki:
14
15 1. To list things that need to get done. If you can't do them, that's OK; just
16 mark the task as "Public" and others will be able to grab it by clicking on the
17 "I'll do it" link.
18
19 2. To inform other developers of what you're working on. The wiki can track
20 your own personal tasks as well; by entering them on the wiki, other developers
21 will know what you're up to on CVS.
22
23 Enjoy the dev-wiki, and a special thanks to Thread for the PHP and mysql work :)
24
25 Best Regards,
28 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
29 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org