From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP 42 (Critical News Reporting) round five
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 03:41:37
1 Alrighty then, good enough for me :)
2
3 One other thing
4 > .. Note:: A previous draft of this GLEP allowed news items to be sent to
5 > ``gentoo-core`` instead of ``gentoo-dev``. It is possible that a situation
6 > may arise where this will be necessary (for example, a security update which
7 > must break backwards compatibility and which cannot be revealed to the public
8 > before a given date).
9
10 The seems like a half complete thought, I realize you want to
11 discourage it from happening, but maybe change it to read "It is
12 possible that a situation.... and in only this case may it be sent to
13 -core instead"
14