From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: weigelt@×××××.de
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] making revdep-rebuild (partially) obsolete
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 21:01:40
1 On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 21:42:32 +0100
2 Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > The main problem IMHO is that portage doesn't record which libraries
5 > some package links in, so it doesn't know which ones have to be
6 > protected from unmerge (unless explicitly stated somewhere).
7 > So I'd propose to add record that information. On next merge,
8 > this information can be used for an automatic library-protect.
9 > This would also record which libraries have been protected from
10 > removal and for whom. Subsequent merges will update this that,
11 > and once all importers have been unmerged, depclean can clean
12 > up the leftover dirt.
13 >
14 > What do you think about this idea ?
15
16 You mean what do we think about portage-2.2 and preserved-libs?
19 Best regards,
20 Michał Górny