From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gnome2 now in portage!
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 04:50:34
1 begin quote
2 On 25 May 2002 11:18:55 +0200
3 suka_at <suka_at@×××××.de> wrote:
4
5 > On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 03:55, Spider wrote:
6 > >
7 > > In following of the Sun and Gnome predictate, the default installed
8 > > WindowManager is "Metacity". Sawfish is also avaiable as a snapshot,
9 > > or with your old version.
12 > Just wanted to point out, that according to the Gnome 2 release team
13 > meeting this is not true anymore:
14 >
15 yes, I know that fairly well, I also know that there were some bad
16 inconsistencies with rep-gtk and gnome enabled gtk+, and that the last
17 sawfish snapshot released was completely unbuildable, thats why I set
18 Metacity as the default windowmanager when you installed "gnome" as-is.
19
20 Hope this clarifies my decision to make MEtacity the default
21 windowmanager in gnome(2) for the moment, when the final is released and
22 there is a working Sawfish (which I quite doubt. sawfish won't be in
23 time) That will change.
26 //Spider
29 begin .signature
30 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
32 end