From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Identifying inherit-only / usable profiles
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 21:12:31
1 On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 19:31 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > AFAICS there's no way to tell whether a profile is "inherit only" or
3 > whether it's complete enough to be used by an end user. Would it make
4 > sense to have an empty text file called "inherit-only" (for example)
5 > within profiles which aren't usable?
6
7 I was always under the impression that all profiles should be usable.
8 If that is not the case, then I 100% agree that there should be some way
9 of marking a profile as unusable.
10
11 > Here's a pretty picture of all the profiles as of whenever I last
12 > synced:
13 >
14 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm/docs/profile-tree/profile-tree.png
15
16 Ohh... pretty
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering - Operational/QA Manager
21 Games - Developer
22 Gentoo Linux