From: Prashanth Aditya Susarla <aditya@×××××××.in>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] libGLcore error
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 00:00:18
1 > It is precisely because it is a precompiled library that it does make a
2 > difference. To point out what perhaps is obvious: had it been source we'd
3 > never had the problem in the first place.
4
5 Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I was under the impression that one has
6 to use -lgcc_s while compiling sources so that libgcc_s.so is linked
7 dynamically at runtime. Obviously, if we had the sources...
8
9 > You need to restart X after making the change to ld.so.preload. After having
10 > restarted verify that either glxgears or the nvidia lib lists libgc_s when
11 > ldd'ed. That is, you should see something like this:
12
13 Thanks a lot again. Restarting X worked and I'm happy to see glxgears
14 working again. Now all I have to do is quake :-).
15
16 > I'm not overly familiar with mplayer but is it possible that opengl is only
17 > used for certain media types and that you'll get away without it most of the
18 > time?
19
20 If you look at
21 $ mplayer -vo help
22 you'll see certain video output drivers (basically whatever you've allowed
23 during "configure" is enabled) which include the gl and gl2 video drivers
24 too. These use libGL.so, and further, mplayer probes all of them at
25 startup I think, which is why I got the __divid3 error on running mplayer
26 before employing this fix.
27
28 > LD_PRELOADing should be fine as long as you're not preloading libraries
29 > containing the same symbols, I think. LD_PRELOAD="-lgcc_s -lpthread" should
30 > do it.
31
32 Yeah multiple LD_PRELOAD seems to be working for me. The other one which I
33 use is a function interposer for connect() so it has nothing to do with
34 libgcc_s.so I guess. Anyway, thanks a lot once again for the information.
35
36 Regards,
37 Prashanth Aditya Susarla