From: Paulo da Silva <psdasilva@×××××××××.pt>
To: "Hallgrimur H. Gunnarsson" <hhg@××××.is>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Urgent help! My accented (deadkeys) chars do not work any more ...]
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:36:56
1 Hallgrimur H. Gunnarsson escreveu:
2
3 >Hi,
4 >
5 >I had a similar problem with deadkeys. I found a solution
6 >on the gentoo forum, I dont remember who came up with it,
7 >but here it is (this is for icelandic, adjust it for your
8 >language):
9 >
10 >localedef -i is_IS -c -f ISO-8859-1 is_IS
11 >
12 >echo "LC_CTYPE=\"is_IS\"" > /etc/env.d/02locale
13 >env-update
14 >
15 >If it doesn't work, try searching on the gentoo forum, there
16 >were several other solutions there.
17 >...
18 >
19 Ok. It was solved by using LC_CTYPE and MM_CHARSET!
20 localedef ... was not needed.
21
22 Is this a bug or is it needed from now on?
23
24 BTW, I didn't know about the gentoo foruns. That's why I posted
25 before taking a look there.
26
27 Tahnks.
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list