From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xorg-x11 RDEPEND changes without revisions
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2020 20:03:46
1 Am Freitag, 7. August 2020, 20:43:22 CEST schrieb Toralf Förster:
2 > On 8/7/20 8:25 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 > > I have too many other things to do to waste time reverse-engineering
4 > > these fuck-ups. Get it together.
5 >
6 > I'm just curious if you refer to commit d8c442ba8 - b/c that was made by
7 > someone at Wed Oct 16 19:41:02 2019 +0000 and I do wonder why nobody else
8 > run into that issue since that time?
9
10 My suspicion is that barely anybody actually uses that package. No desktop
11 user needs it, nothing depends on it, and AFAIR it pulls in lots of packages
12 that aren't necessary, and those that are get pulled in as dependencies
13 elsewhere. I stopped installing the xorg-x11 meta-package sometime in 2009, I
14 think following the X.org modularization, which was shortly before that IIRC.
17 Marc Joliet
18 --
19 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
20 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup