From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Core <gentoo-core@g.o>, Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] NPTL and Nvidia
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:53:35
1 Hi
2
3 Just thought I would share some success. Got the bug today that
4 the NVidia drivers version 1.0.4349 is out.
5
6 I first downloaded the new .bin file (only to later check on the ftp
7 if the old ones exist), and saw /usr/lib/tls dirs ...
8
9 Like a handful, I have been messing with NPTL and 2.5 kernels, so
10 I was Immediately excited, as I did not have any 3D for the last
11 few month (or never long).
12
13 After hassling with porting the 2.5 patches, I got it working, or
14 should I say loading rather. But it does not create the device
15 nodes, nor does X load ... just fails unable to initialize the
16 kernel module. So I head up to minion, and hey .. already a
17 patch for this version. No dice though.
18
19 After a few reboots and older 2.5 kernels, I left the kernel
20 side at 4191, and just installed nvidia-glx-1.0.4349 .. and
21 hey, X started.
22
23 Glxgears give me my odd 5000 again, and gliv is snappy again.
24 Sure, ut2003, ut or q3a do not work yet, but hey, its a start!
25
26 If somebody have some success with NPTL, and the 4349 kernel
27 module (with linux-2.5.65+), let me know.
30 Regards,
34 Martin Schlemmer
35 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
36 Cape Town, South Africa