From: "PaweĊ‚ Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: virtual/shadow
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:36:28
On 3/12/12 11:27 AM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> My rsync0 now spits out this message: > > Virtual package in package.provided: virtual/shadow-0 > See portage(5) for correct package.provided usage. > > I did not forsee this happening, but each and every Prefix user now gets > this complaint on each and every emerge invocation. It does not seem to > block any operation, but could we perhaps hold back further changes > until I can sort this out with Zac?
Ah, I read portage(5) now and adding a virtual to package.provided is indeed explicitly prohibited. I removed it, but some further changes might be required for prefix (i.e. version number >= 4.1 in package.provided to satisfy the virtual), and I'll indeed hold back further changes in that area, and preferably just let you do any necessary fixes for prefix.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: virtual/shadow Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>