From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Good-bye
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 20:07:08
1 On 12:39 Sat 24 Nov , Seemant Kulleen wrote:
2 > The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. I've been
3 > meaning to do it for many months now, but the logistics took a little
4 > bit of time. Effective Monday, Nov. 26, I will no longer consider
5 > myself an official Gentoo developer. Before then I will make commits to
6 > two or so packages for which James Rowe is the official maintainer and I
7 > was his proxy. Justin Bronder (jsbronder) has agreed to take over the
8 > proxy maintainership for them.
9 >
10 > I've been here a long time and I've made many many friends (and, I
11 > suppose, a few enemies). For both, I'm grateful. There are too many
12 > people to thank -- you all know who you are :P.
13 >
14 > I'll be subscribed to this list for a while, and of course, I'll still
15 > be on IRC in various channels. For those of you wishing to maintain
16 > email contact with me, I can be reached at: seemant (at) kulleen (dot)
17 > org
18 >
19 > I hope that the fun in Gentoo will return soon. It certainly seems like
20 > there's been a positive tide turning as of late, so I leave with
21 > optimism.
22
23 Seemant,
24
25 You've been a great role model ever since I joined Gentoo under your
26 mentorship. I've learned a lot from you, and your influence has shaped
27 both me and Gentoo as a whole.
28
29 Thanks for all the fun. I look forward to bringing it to a new
30 generation of Gentoo's community.
31
32 Donnie
33 --