From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: newsitem: unmasking udev-181
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:12:05
1 On 03/14/2012 17:13, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 08:07:07AM -0400, Joshua Kinard wrote
4 >
5 >> Ah, bluetooth keyboards. The luddite in me finds those quite
6 >> the oddity. I still use only PS/2, specifically because it's less
7 >> complex and less likely to fail on me in a time of need.
8 >
9 > Unicomp has licenced manufacturing rights to the IBM Model M keyboard,
10 > with USB adapter, of course. http://pckeyboard.com/page/product/UNI041A
11 > Look Ma, no Windows keys! If you do want Windows keys, you can order
12 > http://pckeyboard.com/page/product/UNI0P4A
13 >
14 > And if you want an original with PS/2 connector, they also offer
15 > http://pckeyboard.com/page/category/IBMKBD
18 I actually have an original IBM Model M. Manufacture date of July 22nd,
19 1987. And I use Windows on a regular basis. Yet, I get by without the
20 windows key quite well. About the only two shortcuts I ever used were WIN+E
21 and WIN+R, for Explorer and Run. It's not as useful of a key as many people
22 think it is. It's actually more beneficial to those with disabilities, such
23 as low or impaired vision.
26 Joshua Kinard
27 Gentoo/MIPS
28 kumba@g.o
29 4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28
30
31 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And
32 our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
33
34 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic