From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Things one could be upset about
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 11:15:09
1 On 19/01/15 16:47, hasufell wrote:
2 > I think you forgot an important point:
3 >
4 > * lack of practical QA: no review workflow and no appropriate tools for
5 > reviewing
6 >
7 > I could start a long text block about why reviewing is mandatory for QA,
8 > but let's just think about it this way:
9 > What do you think would happen if the linux kernel switched to CVS and
10 > gave the most active 250 collaborators direct push access to the main
11 > Linus repository?
12 >
13 > I hope greg k-h does not read this. He'd probably get a heart attack.
14 >
15 > Also: people seem to think we don't have enough manpower for a review
16 > workflow. No, it's really the other way around. If you make
17 > collaboration difficult, then you need a lot more manpower.
20 I already pointed out that there are _not_ good review tools. There are
21 not for a by-email workflow we have in Libav, there aren't really for a
22 tool-mediated workflow we could have in Gentoo.
23
24 I have no problems in devoting some time on preparing a tool suited for
25 our purpose (once we switch to git), but I'd need more volunteers to
26 help me with it.
27
28 lu