From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC]: gentoo-politics ML
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 05:46:45
1 Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 >> Steev Klimaszewski wrote:
4 >>> No can do - temporarily banning is a bad thing, its censorship, and we
5 >>> can't have that, no sir.
6 >>>
7 >> It's censorship when it's being done one-sidedly in order to skew an
8 >> argument based upon the prejudices of those doing the banning.
9 >>
10 No that would be *permanently* banning an account from posting with undue
11 cause. Not for 2 weeks or 3 months, but permanently. Even in such an
12 eventuality the poster is free to use another email address. Stalin would
13 turn in his grave.. ;)
14
15 imo others would protest blatant censorship quite vociferously. After all,
16 look how they react to a 24-hour mute on *one* thread. amne would no doubt
17 have insight into this, as would jmb, but oh dear, we seem to have lost all
18 that experience over one thread. *gg*
21 > Or if it's done to you.
22
23 Careful; what some see as an accurate description of behaviour, others see
24 as "ad-hominem."
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list