From: Chris Smith <chris.rs@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] PPTP Tunnel init.d script
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:55:26
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I've recently set up my Gentoo server to access my nokia M1122 modem via pptp.
4 Everything works sweet as, and it gives me the control over my internet
5 connection that I need.
6
7 The problem is, is when my server powers off, and powers on again, the tunnel
8 will be lost and I'll have to start it manually. I thought the
9 /etc/init.d/net.ppp0 script may have some kind of support for it, but it
10 doesn't. The command that needs to be run is "pptp-command start M1122", but
11 I would like it to be part of the Gentoo init system.
12
13 So I set out with my _very_ basic bash skills and tried to impliment my own.
14 And I failed (I really need to learn bash better :). The Gotcha's are that it
15 has to load after my net.eth0 script, but before any of my network services
16 start up (can't bind to a non-existant device).
17
18 I found a nice walkthrough for a debian PC, but time is limited at the moment
19 (assignments are piling up... :( Uni.) so I was just wondering if anybody had
20 hacked up a solution for this.
21
22 If not, I'll attempt it again in a week or two, and post the result here so
23 you guys can get kicks from my bash scripting :D
24
25 Cheers,
26 Chris.
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list