From: Jon Nelson <jnelson@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: [gentoo-ebuild] updated apache ebuild
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 07:43:33
1 I noticed that there had neither been discussion nor action on the
2 following
3 suggestions. I feel the suggestions made are good (I made them), and
4 worth discussing and implementing. What is my next step?
5
6 Also, how does something go from incoming to its proper place in
7 /usr/portage?
8
9 > I request that the apache ebuild and associated files be updated with
10 the
11 > following alterations:
12 >
13 > Rename /etc/httpd to /etc/apache
14 > Rename /etc/init.d/httpd to /etc/init.d/apache
15 > Rename /usr/lib/httpd to /usr/lib/apache
16 > Rename /usr/local/httpd to /usr/local/apache
17 > Rename /var/cache/httpd to /var/cache/apache
18 >
19 > /var/log/apache and /usr/include/apache already follow this standard.
20 >
21 > all pertinent paths s/httpd/apache/g
22 >
23 > Why? More than one httpd can be installed. I don't think that
24 > packages should use filenames or paths that reflect their purpose,
25 > but rather continue to use their name instead.
28 Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.
29
30 Jon Nelson
31 jnelson@×××××××.net