From: Chris W <gentoo@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Webapp Version of ht://dig
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:06:51
1 On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 17:20:11 +0100
2 Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o> wrote:
3 > In this case, it might make sense to break ht://dig into two
4 > packages. Put the stuff that goes in /usr/bin et al into one
5 > package, and put the stuff that goes into /var/www into a
6 > separate package.
7
8 Fair enough. I'll put some more thought into how this might be
9 best split.
10
11 > man 5 webapp.eclass should have the info you're looking for.
12
13 I don't think it does, that's why I asked :)
14
15 According to the man page, "Hook scripts can rely on these
16 environment variables being exported: MY_HTDOCSDIR,
17 MY_HOSTROOTDIR, MY_CGIBINDIR, MY_ERRORS- DIR, MY_ICONSDIR and
18 MY_SERVERCONFIGDIR. They correspond to the directories listed
19 in the Installation Directories section above.
20
21 "Hook scripts can also rely on MY_INSTALLDIR being in the envi-
22 ronment."
23
24 The webapp-config script exports exactly this list. None of
25 these identify the name of the virtual host being installed by
26 webapp-config so, for example, the postinstall script cannot
27 create a new, obviously-named search database under /var/htdig
28 for that host. Only the MY_INSTALLDIR variable is close, but I
29 don't think I can rely on the directory name's structure. I
30 guess I could install the htdig database into a subdirectory of
31 $MY_HOSTROOTDIR. Even then a configuration file needs to be
32 created in a fixed location (/etc/htdig currently) and the webapp
33 component needs to be modified to point to it.
34
35 Perhaps the VHOST_SERVER or G_HOSTNAME variable would be useful
36 to the post-install script.
39 Thanks for your time,
40
41 Cheers,