From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pr@g.o, gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New item for sys-kernel/hardened-sources removal
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 16:09:00
1 >>>>> On Tue, 15 Aug 2017, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike) wrote:
2
3 > Updated the news item following comments from dilfridge, mrueg and
4 > floppym. Also made it display to users of hardened profiles.
5
6 Some very minor comments:
7
8 > Author: Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike) <klondike@g.o>
9
10 Format of the line is "Real Name <email@address>", so I'd suggest to
11 drop the nick in parentheses, especially since it is there in the
12 e-mail address anyway.
13
14 > Because of that we will be masking the hardened-sources on the 27th of
15 > August and will proceed to remove then from the tree by the end of
16 > September. [...]
17
18 s/then/them/
19
20 > As an alternative, for users happy keeping themselves on the stable
21 > 4.9 branch of the kernel minipli, another Grsec user, is forward
22 > porting the patches on [3].
23
24 I had difficulties parsing this sentence. Insert a comma after
25 "kernel"? Also there is spurious whitespace before "stable".
26
27 Ulrich