From: Bart Verwilst <verwilst@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux 1.3a Final Overview
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 04:04:56
1 Hi!
2
3 Since Gentoo 1.3a has been available for testing for a little while now, I've
4 noticed that quite a lot of users installed and tested it, and i've been
5 swamped by bugreports (to my personal address, the way i like it, at least
6 for 1.3x issues :o)
7
8 Now, i think most of them have been fixed, including the ncurses one (grub not
9 compiling and such...), and a few xfree ones..
10
11 I heard though that Xfree had problems compiling with the 'athlon' flags?
12 Is that correct?
13
14 Now, what this mail is about, i want to get as much info and tips and bugs
15 into the next one (1.3b), which i'm about to prepare..
16 So please, speak now, or forever hold your peace :o)
17
18 Send it as a reply to this, and not to my personal mail though!
19 Things already fixed in my current 1.3b trial version:
20
21 - ncurses prob (new gcc revision (r6))
22 - 2 bogus accounts on tarballs
23 - emerge rsync complaining about /etc/make.profile
24 - .. more, can't seem to remember them :)
27 Please, gimme more! :o)
28 Thanks in advance
31 Bart Verwilst
32 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team