From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] virtual/locate?
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:24:32
1 Ulrich Mueller kirjoitti:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > we have now three implementations of locate in the tree that block
5 > each other: sys-apps/{m,r,s}locate
6 >
7 > This looks like the classical case for a virtual/locate. Any opinions?
8 >
9 > I came across the issue when committing the new package app-emacs/fff
10 > (which is the Emacs equivalent of app-vim/locateopen) to the Emacs
11 > overlay; it will be moved to the tree soon.
12 >
13 > Ulrich
14
15 Is there something/how many that will need to depend on that? I think
16 locate is not part of the system set either so no virtual is needed for
17 that either.
18
19 Regards,
20 Petteri