From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@××××××××.cx>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Alpha catalyst-built LiveCD almost works
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:04:35
1 On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 10:43, Jay Maynard wrote:
2 > On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 10:27:45AM -0500, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > You would probably want ipv6 i USE, as there are quite a few people whom
4 > > use it. *grin*
5 >
6 > I ripped it out because I remembered seeing a comment that mirrorselect
7 > rejected IPv6-only stuff, and that told me that the LiveCD didn't know how
8 > to do IPv6. If that's wrong, I'll put it back in.
9
10 mirrorselect does reject IPv6 stuff, in fact, I posted the bug about
11 it. That doesn't mean that IPv6 doesn't work on the LiveCD's, though.
12 In fact, wget will use IPv6 addresses provided the machine has IPv6
13 enabled and working.
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Developer, Gentoo Linux
18 Games Team