From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding --as-needed to LDFLAGS in profiles/default/linux/make.defaults
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:17:57
1 On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 06:39:44AM +0530, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 >
3 > What needs to be done now is for someone with lots of CPU power to
4 > grab the list of packages[1], and build them one-by-one (all
5 > versions), adding to a new list all the ebuilds that fail. How to
6 > test:
7 >
8 > LDFLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed" emerge -v1 $atom
9 >
10 > Let's try to make Gentoo less frustrating for our users.
11 >
12 > 1. http://dev.gentoo.org/~nirbheek/files/as-needed-failures.list
13 > --
14 > ~Nirbheek Chauhan
15 >
16 > Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team
17 >
18 I have the CPU power so I will start building those packages and report
19 back here
20 --
21 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
22 Gentoo Linux Developer