From: Branko Badrljica <brankob@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Cobra as a Python replacement for portage infra...
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 06:48:44
1 ( reposted as a new thread. Sorry for inconvenience.)
2
3 Hi to all,
4
5 I am sorry if I'm wasting bandwidth on gentoo-dev with this, but I have
6 found no good answere elsewhere.
7
8 I have accidentally stumbled on Codelite ( at the first glance ) _great_
9 IDE for C/C++/Python ( http://www.codelite.org ).
10
11 While toying with its settings for various language syntaxes, I have
12 glanced at Language named Cobra.
13
14 Since "emerge -s cobra" gave me nothing, I took a peek at:
15 www.cobra-language.com
16
17 It seems interesting- compiled Python-like language, that is speedwise
18 much closer to C++ than to Python, static/dynamic binding, optional
19 static variable typing etc...
20
21 My question is, could existing Portage infrastructure be ported to such
22 language with minimal effort and would it be worthwile to even try ?
23
24 There are many operations that now take portage ages to complete, so it
25 seems that this could be benefitial...
26
27 Has anyone of Pythonistas tried to give Cobra a look or two ?