From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: stacking profile.bashrc?
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 06:26:29
1 Steven J Long wrote:
2 > Yeah sounds right. Perhaps a per-category bashrc split (both for
3 > usual /etc/portage case and for overlays) might also be useful?
4 > (Overlay admin can always test PN should the need arise.)
5
6 Maybe that's more in the domain of eclasses (or some sort of elibs
7 is they don't need to change metadata), in cases when it's easy
8 enough to inherit whichever ones are needed.
9
10 > You mentioned in #-portage that per-phase execution is no longer used, wrt
11 > how overlays would only be executing bashrc at start. I take it we can
12 > still test $EBUILD_PHASE? (Sorry if I've misunderstood what you were
13 > saying.)
14
15 Current portage bashrc support allows $EBUILD_PHASE conditionals,
16 but I think in the long term we may want to drop that in favor of
17 function hooks that are sourced only once. The $EBUILD_PHASE
18 conditional approach just seems somewhat clumsy in comparison
19 (sourcing the bashrc during every phase might also be considered
20 inefficient/ugly).
21 --
22 Thanks,
23 Zac