From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] XEmacs and XEmacs-gtk
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 00:39:32
Sergey Kuleshov <sergey@××××××××××.com> writes:

> Hi! > Can someone explain me, what is the reason to have xemacs and xemacs-gtk as > two different packages? Why not add a check for gtk flag in the main xemacs > ebuild? > > Thanks > > --
I can't quite remember... but I think this was a historical thing. GTK+ support in Emacs was added to Emacs in the 21.4 series (or was it a fork of 21.4). Then later, support for 21.4 in general was added to portage. So yes, it is a bit messy, and I do agree that it should be based on the gtk USE flag. If you're savvy, create a patch and post it to Matt -- Matthew Kennedy Gentoo Linux Developer -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list