From: Elvis Pranskevichus <elvis@×××××.io>
To: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
Cc: Alexander Revin <lyssdod@×××××.com>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Electron external dependencies
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 20:17:45
1 On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 10:05:53 PM EDT Lars Wendler wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 19:27:40 +0300 Alexander Revin wrote:
3 > >Hello,
4 > >
5 > >Is there any plan to make electron more modular package? Right now it
6 > >builds its own protobuf, mesa and v8 (and maybe much more). These
7 > >packages do exist in a tree, maybe it's possible to reuse them?
8 > >
9 > >Regards,
10 > >Alex
11 >
12 > Hi Alex,
13 >
14 > I suggest you open a bug about this in our bugzilla [1].
15 >
16 > Use something like "dev-util/electron uses bundled libs" as subject and
17 > describe the issue briefly.
18 >
19 > Thanks.
20 >
21 > [1] https://bugs.gentoo.org
22
23 Electron is, essentially, modified Chromium. We do the same unbundling as the
24 Chromium ebuild for things that _can_ be unbundled. Some dependencies cannot
25 be unbundled for various reasons (modifications, reliance on internal headers,
26 etc.)
27
28 Elvis