From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Closing bugs [was: New Bugzilla HOWTO]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:25:38
1 On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 09:14 -0400, Nathan L. Adams wrote:
2 > Are you offering me a job? ;)
3
4 Are you applying for one?
5
6 No, really - I think the basic idea in your proposal is great. But
7 Gentoo is a community based open source software project, worked on by
8 volunteers in their spare time. I think you're forgetting this in your
9 current proposal.
10
11 If you're so keen on seeing this proposal through, I suggest you do what
12 any other open source developer must do to get his/her ideas through:
13 show me the code - or in this context - be prepared to do most of the
14 initial work yourself. That's how open source works.
15
16 Sincerely,
17 Brix
18 --
19 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
20 Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd