From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposed future EAPI feature: FILES whitelist
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 18:20:12
1 On 16/09/16 11:20 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >
3 > AFAICS that proposal goes into a direction which is somewhat opposite
4 > to what we have pursued in EAPI 6. There, we have allowed directories
5 > as arguments to eapply, in order to simplify application of patchsets.
6 > Now maintainers would have to list all single files contained in the
7 > directory again.
8
9 I had thought that particular functionality was more to support
10 patchset tarballs that get extracted to ${WORKDIR} rather than
11 supporting such (ab)use in ${FILESDIR} ?