From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] USE report
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 10:27:55
1 First, sorry to anybody who has emailed me or attempted to contact me on
2 IRC recently. I've been out of town for a few days.
3
4 This morning I started wondering where USE flags are actually used in
5 the ebuilds, so I quickly generated a report. Here is the generator and
6 the output, in case anybody else is interested. Yes, the generator is
7 a hack, I just wrote it out quickly on the commandline.
8
9 $ cd /usr/portage
10 $ find . -type d |
11 while read d; do
12 /bin/ls -t1 $d/*.ebuild 2>/dev/null | head -1
13 done |
14 xargs perl -ne '
15 s/#.*//;
16 s/^\s*//;
17 /DESCRIPTION/ && next;
18 ($f = $ARGV) =~ s|.*/||;
19 /\buse\s+(\w+)/ || next;
20 printf "%-20s %-30s %s", $1, $f, $_' |
21 sort > report.txt
22
23 Note there are some false ones in the mix that I didn't bother to weed
24 out. That's why the line from the ebuild is included in the report, so
25 that those are apparent.
26
27 Of additional interest are those USE flags, set in /etc/make.conf, that
28 are never referenced in any ebuilds. Those are listed below. (Btw,
29 I realize this is just about the least efficient way of producing this
30 report. That's not my goal here.)
31
32 $ . /etc/make.conf
33 $ for u in $USE; do grep -q "^$u" report.txt || echo $u; done
34 lm_sensors
35 libg++
36
37 Aron