From: Justin Whitney <ripple.gentoo@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] wget 1.8.2 breaks resumed emerges when using sandboxing
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 05:32:31
1 There's bug (feature?) in wget 1.8.2 where any wget from an ftp source
2 that resumes to an existing file (-c flag) gets chmod'd to 0600. If
3 you're using "userpriv usersandbox" (in portage's FEATURES flag) this
4 means that any time you ctrl-c an emerge during a download from an ftp
5 mirror, then emerge again, the resumed file will no loger have o+r
6 priv's, and therefore emerge will give you an "access denied". The fix
7 is simple: chmod o+r the file, and emerge a third time. Alternatively,
8 one could change the default download commands in make.conf to use curl
9 or something else.
10
11 Here's an excerpt from the guilty wget source file:
12
13 ftp.c- /* #### Is this correct? */
14 ftp.c:// chmod (con->target, 0600);
15
16 Seems like the answer is no, this is not correct. It is worth noting
17 that, as I said above, this applies to only resumed files... which is
18 curious behaviour. I've emailed the wget-bug list, but no one has
19 responded - so maybe the wget maintainers want to take a look at this,
20 and patch it. Or maybe portage should make sure o+r is set when
21 userpriv/usersandbox is being used.
22
23 --Justin
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list