From: Chris Irwin <chris@××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] install correction
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 15:25:33
1 Hey there.
2
3 First off, I just wanna thank you guys for making a great distro. I prefer
4 BSD ports (as i used Free and Open BSD systems at work), but much prefer
5 linux for home desktop use. Im sure this will be exactly what i've always
6 dreamed of.
7
8 There is a partial error. On your website you tell about how to change the
9 rsync address, but this is not addressed in the install instructions, thus
10 the "emerge rsync" in step 10, required for stage1 & stage2 tarballs will
11 fail.
12
13 It shouldnt be too hard to change the install instructions (changing the
14 1.1a distro is probably a pain since you've likely fixed this for the next
15 version).
16
17 Again, thanks for the distro.
20 Chris Irwin