From: Marien Zwart <marienz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving GCC-3.4 to stable on x86
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 00:33:18
1 On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:50:02 -0500
2 Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> said:
5 > > 1.12.2005, 0:29:48, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
6 > > revdep-rebuild --library=libstdc++.so.5 is all that's needed here to avoid
7 > > things like Bug 64615.
8 >
9 > Yea, I updated my statement on the bug to reflect this. C++ stuff should be
10 > the only thing affected, so this _should_ be enough. Its also already
11 > something that's been in the ebuild for a while now.
12
13 Not sure if everyone is aware of this, but most installed pythons link
14 to libstdc++.so. This is not a problem if you run the above
15 revdep-rebuild (it should catch it just fine). It is a problem if you
16 get rid of gcc 3.3 before installing libstdc++-v3 or running the
17 revdep-rebuild, as it will leave you with a broken python and therefore
18 unable to emerge.
21 Marien.
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list