From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 20:30:07
1 On Sunday 04 March 2007, Andrej Kacian wrote:
2 > Dňa Sat, 3 Mar 2007 20:46:35 -0700
3 >
4 > "Daniel Robbins" <drobbins.daniel@×××××.com> napísal:
5 > > On 3/3/07, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org> wrote:
6 > > > Why is it a developer-only privilege? You just made that up.
7 > >
8 > > To co-lead a Gentoo project? You need to be a dev to do that. I
9 > > couldn't join any projects even as a member until I became a dev, and
10 > > I created the distro. You are effectively co-leading (likely leading)
11 > > PMS as a non-dev - worse than that, as someone who has been explicitly
12 > > removed from a dev role.
13 >
14 > Daniel, could you please stop that? You're being ridiculous and just
15 > wasting everyone's time with this. The guy wants to do some work on
16 > PMS, let him do it - in my opinion he's one of the most qualified
17 > people to do it.
18
19 That remainst to be debateable. It is however also true that he is a party
20 with a vested interest in the process. As such we must be warry of what we
21 allow.
22
23 Paul
26 Paul de Vrieze