From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 09:47:06
1 On Tuesday 16 May 2006 23:47, Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > On Tue, 16 May 2006 22:59:59 +0200
3 >
4 > "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Okay, then I suppose you might want first to create a project to
6 > > handle the profile and the whole bugs load that might come out of
7 > > that.
8 >
9 > Does every profile need a project to maintain it now? That's never been
10 > the case as far as I was aware. If people want a project though, I can
11 > create one.
12
13 Everything in the tree, including profiles, must be maintained by a
14 project. One project may maintain 50 profiles, but there must be an
15 identifyable GROUP of people responsible for anything in the tree,
16 including profiles. (This has been true for at least 3 years, and was one
17 of the main factors behind the herds thing). The group point is because
18 that makes unsupported stuff less likely in the case of someone leaving.
19
20 Paul
23 Paul de Vrieze
24 Gentoo Developer