From: Zack Gilburd <klasikahl@g.o>
To: Karsten Schulz <kaschu@×××××××××.de>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] lsh (and liboop) on Gentoo
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:02:27
1 On Wednesday 17 September 2003 05:01 am, Karsten Schulz wrote:
2 > Am Mittwoch, 17. September 2003 07:09 schrieb Zack Gilburd:
3 > > AFAIK, lsh is not secure, whatsoever.
4 >
5 > why? Do you have some information about exploits or exploitable bugs?
6 >
7 > As far as I know, there are no serious problems known at the moment. The
8 > only disadvantage with lsh is, that there are not so much people who
9 > use it. But that will change, when Gentoo distribute lsh ;-)
10 >
11 > Karsten
12
13 For a while, the README for lsh contained:
14
15 This directory contains snapshots of lsh development. lsh is a free
16 implementation of the ssh protocol.
17
18 lsh is far from finished; don't expect these snapshots to compile or
19 work, and even if they appear to work, beware that lsh currently does
20 *NOT* provide any security at all.
21
22 Until yesterday when it was updated from 1998. I was relying on the old
23 README.
24
25 Nevermind, please proceed.
26 --